For the first time since 2019, Canada’s Wonderland is hosting a full summer of festivals and events.
The Vaughan theme park, which opens for the season on April 30, will host seven festivals and fireworks over the long weekends.
The festivals will include three new food festivals, featuring dishes from Portugal, Ireland and the Caribbean.
The fun continues throughout fall and winter with Camp Spooky, Halloween Haunt, and WinterFest.
“We are really excited to once again be able to offer our guests a full season of fun,” said General Manager Norm Pirtovshek.
“With over 200 attractions in the park, we are known for our thrills, but the return of our summer events really enriches the park experience, offering something for visitors of all ages in the spring, summer, fall and in winter.”
The 2022 event lineup, according to a statement from Wonderland, includes:
• Fireworks (May 22, July 1, July 31, September 4) – Witness spectacular fireworks choreographed to an upbeat soundtrack.
• Splash Works Opening (May 28) – Come back for some poolside fun at the 20-acre water park, featuring 17 slides, cliff jumps, water play areas, the lazy river and more.
• Brew & BBQ (June 24-26) – The annual BBQ festival returns with live music, dozens of craft beers and ciders and ribs, gourmet burgers and BBQ chicken.
• Celebration Canada (July 1-17) – This is Canada’s largest birthday celebration. Enjoy the music, street performances, and learn about the skills and antics of West Coast lumberjacks. Then, indulge in Canadian favorites like slider beef burgers, poutine, mac and cheese and more.
• KidZfest (July 23-August 7) – This party is perfect for families and kids, with special appearances, dance parties with the Peanuts gang, interactive games, activities, shows and more.
• New: Taste of Portugal (August 13-14) – Step into a festival celebrating the charm of Portugal, with street entertainment and traditional dishes like roast chicken and Portuguese custard tarts.
• New: Taste of Ireland (August 20-21) – The flavors and vibrant culture of the Emerald Isle come to Canada’s wonderland with Celtic music and dancers and Irish dishes including baby back ribs. Guinness BBQ pork, Irish pie and sweet desserts like Guinness chocolate cake and butterscotch apple cake.
• New: Taste of the Caribbean (August 27-28) – Savor the flavors of the island, from jerk chicken to seafood specialties, rum cake and coconut candy, plus summer drinks fruity as the sounds of steel drum music fill the air.
• Oktoberfest (September 10-11, 17-18) – Over two weekends, guests will be treated to German-themed food, drink specials and traditional live bands in the castle courtyard. Medieval Faire. Enjoy classic sausages, schnitzels, Bavarian pretzels and a large mug of refreshing lager.
• Camp Spooky (weekends September 24-October 30) – This family-friendly Halloween event returns with trick-or-treating, costume parades, live performances with the Peanuts gang, interactive games, rides and more.
All events are included with park admission.
Halloween Haunt returns select nights from September 23 through October 30 with hundreds of monsters, spooky areas, mazes, and terrifying shows.
The park transforms into a world of holiday magic for WinterFest, which runs select nights from November 18 through December 31.
For more information on these events and other attractions, visit cedarfair.com.