Medical, clinical and research organizations can apply to be considered for the Change Lives project
First experimental studies underway in collaboration with Biopharmaceutical Research Company
NEW YORK, June 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Clever Leaves Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVR, CLVRW) (“Clever Leaves” or the “Company”), a leading multinational operator and licensed producer of pharmaceutical grade cannabinoids, announces Project Change Lives, a US-focused research initiative in which the Company is is committed to contributing up to $ 25,000,000 in retail value of medical cannabis products to any qualifying US organization to help advance scientific research into the potential medical benefits of cannabinoids. By sponsoring the Change Lives project, Clever Leaves proposes to supply a historic amount of pharmaceutical grade cannabis to leading research institutes in one of the most advanced pharmaceutical markets in the world.
Clever Leaves is seeking to supply up to 250,000 bottles of pharmaceutical grade cannabis oils or approximately 5 tonnes of medicinal cannabis flowers that will help research institutes develop new therapies. To remove an additional barrier to the advancement of scientific knowledge about cannabis, this research material will be provided free of charge to Clever Leaves research partners. The company will partner with Biopharmaceutical Research Company, a company that holds federal licenses for the import, analysis and manufacture of controlled substances, as the importer of record. Clever Leaves plans to immediately start working with U.S. researchers and kick-start their efforts with a research study focused on sequencing the DNA of a variety of their cannabis cultivars.
“Due to legal restrictions, the US cannabis industry has faced decades of research delays in addition to shortages of cannabis products or the lack of diversity of high-quality products, and the industry would benefit greatly. from companies such as Clever Leaves providing affordable pharmaceuticals. EU GMP certified medical cannabis for research purposes. In addition to overcoming barriers to research, Project Change Lives hopes to create new opportunities for the advancement of medical treatments and patient access by allowing legal cannabis ingredients and pharmaceuticals to cross borders freely, ”he said. said Kyle Detwiler, CEO of Clever Leaves.
Clever Leaves is launching, in close collaboration with a distinguished scientific and medical review board, a nationwide call for proposals from researchers at universities and accredited institutions looking for medical cannabis to conduct their studies. Organizations and researchers interested in participating can apply and learn more at projectchangelives.org.
Why should institutions want to source from smart sheets?
- Quality standards – Clever Leaves’ Colombian medical cannabis post-harvest and extraction facility is the first in Latin America and one of the few in the world to receive European Union Good Manufacturing Practices (EU GMP) certification. Its cultivation process is also GACP certified and its medical cannabis extraction facility is the only one in the world to receive good manufacturing practice certifications from INVIMA and the European Union.
- Durability – Clever Leaves’ greenhouse grow facilities in Colombia use equatorial sunlight and ideal growing conditions to produce some of the best hemp and cannabis plants in the world. In addition, approximately two-thirds of the Company’s water needs are met by on-site rainwater harvesting systems, which significantly improves sustainability and minimizes environmental impact. The Company’s ultimate goal is to become carbon negative.
- Consistency and traceability – In addition to optimal growing conditions, Clever Leaves is one of the only medical cannabis companies in the world to also have seed-to-consumer tracking, allowing every product to be traced back to its plant source.
- Technology and innovation – Clever Leaves uses CO exclusively2 extraction equipment to create high purity levels and can quickly develop new formulations as research efforts evolve.
- Social responsibility – Clever Leaves strives to be a good corporate citizen and the organization strives to enrich the communities in which it operates. For example, over 50% of the Company’s current workforce are women and about half of them are single mothers, an important social initiative in Colombia.
About Clever Leaves Holdings Inc.
Clever Leaves is a multinational cannabis company focused on large-scale, ecologically sustainable cultivation and processing of pharmaceutical grade cannabinoids as the cornerstones of its global cannabis business. With operations and investments in the United States, Canada, Colombia, Germany and Portugal, Clever Leaves has created an efficient distribution network and global presence, with a foundation built on capital efficiency and growth. fast. Clever Leaves aims to be one of the industry’s leading global cannabis companies, recognized for its principles, people and performance, while fostering a healthier global community. Clever Leaves has received several international certifications which have enabled it to increase its export and sales capacity of its Colombian operations, including the European Union Good Manufacturing Practices (EU GMP) certification, a certification of good manufacturing practices (GMP) by the British National Food and Drug Surveillance. Institute – Invima Certification and Good Agricultural and Collecting Practices (GACP). Clever Leaves has obtained a license in Portugal from Infarmed – the Portuguese health authority – which allows Clever Leaves to grow, import and export dry flowers for medicinal and research purposes. In addition, the Portuguese operation has also obtained certification of compliance with GACP and IMC-GAP standards.
For more information, please visit https://cleverleaves.com/en/home/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
About the biopharmaceutical research company
Biopharmaceutical Research Company (“BRC”) is a specialty pharmaceutical company that holds multiple DEA registrations and helps pave the way for the legal cannabis space at the federal level in the United States.
Clever Leaves press contacts:
KCSA strategic communication
Director of Strategic Communication
Clever leaves investor demands:
Investor Relations Gateway
Clever Leaves business inquiries:
Vice President of Sales – EMEA, North America and Asia-Pacific