The Cypriot government has removed Liechtenstein, France, Denmark and Finland from the list of countries considered safe on the basis of their epidemiological situation after these countries recently reported an increase in the number of COVID-19 infections.
In contrast, the Cypriot authorities estimated that the Balkan countries, North Macedonia and Serbia, have recently recorded low rates of COVID-19 infection; therefore, both were placed in the green category, reports SchengenVisaInfo.com.
Such a decision means that travelers from the two territories mentioned above are now allowed to enter Cyprus without restriction.
Cyprus has divided the other countries into green, orange and red categories, taking into account the coronavirus situation.
The green list includes countries considered safe based on their COVID-19 status. Therefore, Green List travelers are excluded from the testing and quarantine rules upon arrival in Cyprus.
According to the Cypriot government announcement, the green list includes the following countries:
- EU member states: Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Estonia, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Czech Republic
- Micro-states: Monaco, Vatican City
- Schengen area : Switzerland, Iceland, Norway
- Third country : Australia, North Macedonia, Jordan, Israel, Canada, New Zealand, Serbia, Singapore
Countries in the Amber Box pose a moderate risk of COVID-19 infections.
All travelers arriving to Cyprus from the following territories included in the amber box must show a negative result for COVID-19, no more than 72 hours when entering Cyprus.
- EU Member States: Belgium, France, Denmark, Greece, Ireland, Finland
- Micro-states: Liechtenstein
- Third country : Azerbaijan, United States of America, Japan, Qatar, China (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), Lebanon, Saudi Arabia
The Red List includes the following countries that have recently been severely affected by the virus, based on data provided by the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Member States of the European Union: Spain, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal
- Micro-states: Andorra, San Marino
- Third country : Egypt, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Kuwait, Belarus, Montenegro, Moldova, Bahrain, Brunei, South Korea, Ukraine, Russia a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate are exempt from testing and quarantine rules.
Previously, SchengenVisaInfo.com reported that Cyprus had lifted quarantine rules for Sweden and Latvia while forcing travelers from Portugal to carefully follow testing and quarantine rules as the latter was placed in the high risk category. .