From Monday, October 18, unvaccinated and unrecovered travelers reaching Norwegian territory from Hungary and the Norrbotten region of Sweden will be required to self-quarantine upon arrival, as the territories are no longer on the safe list. from Norway.
According to a press release issued by the Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services, Hungary and Norrbotten have moved from the Amber List to the Red List, meaning they must meet a ten-day quarantine requirement to their arrival.
In addition, travelers from Central Ostrobothnia, Southern Ostrobothnia and Vaasa from Finland are now also subject to an entry quarantine, reports SchengenVisaInfo.com.
However, those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, those who have recovered from the virus and children under 18 do not have to be isolated upon arrival.
“The entry quarantine only applies to travelers from red, dark red, purple and gray countries. Children and young people under 18 are exempt from entry quarantine regardless of their origin ”, the ministry statement reads.
Poland, the Czech Republic, central Jutland and southern Denmark, the central Finnish region of Hämeenlinna and Kalmar in Sweden have also moved from the green category to the orange category.
However, these travelers can reduce the quarantine time by taking a PCR test three days after arrival.
Currently, Norway’s Dangerous Travel List or Red Category includes the following countries and regions:
- Stockholm Västerbotten and Västmanland in Sweden
- The Danish regions of the Faroe Islands and Greenland
- The Ionian Islands and the South Aegean Islands in Greece
On the other hand, there are travelers from several countries who can travel freely in Norway, and only a few entry requirements apply to those who have not yet been vaccinated.
The list of safe travel countries or green countries consists of the following:
- Blekinge, Gotland, Värmland and Västernorrland in Sweden
- North Karelia, Södra Savolax and Åland in Finland
- Canary Islands of Spain
- North Aegean Islands in Greece
- Sardinia in Italy
In addition, the countries on the Amber List are:
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
- Vatican City
- Danish regions of Dalarna Gävleborg Halland Jämtland Jönköping Kalmar (past green) Kronoberg Skåne Södermanland Uppsala Västra Götaland Örebro and Östergötland
- The capital (including Copenhagen) Central Jutland North Jutland Zeeland and southern Denmark
- Finnish regions of Central Hämeenlinna Kajanalands Kymmenedalens Lapland Länsi-Pohja Södra Karelens and Östra Savolax
- Azores (Portugal) Balearic Islands (Spain) Corsica (France) Crete (Greece) Madeira (Portugal) and Sicily (Italy)
- According to the purple list, Chile was added to the gray list alongside the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
The following countries and territories remain on the purple list:
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
Australia, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, Jordan, China, Macau, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea and Ukraine remain on the gray list.
Previously, Norway had announced that the country would now accept vaccination certificates indicating that the holder has been immunized with the Covishield or Sinovac vaccine..